Whenever I can, I obtain my protein through real, unprocessed food sources (usually beef or chicken). Occasionally, however, I’ll supplement with a protein shake. And nine times out ten (probably more), I’ll choose to make this delicious milkshake-like impostor.
This isn’t a light shake. It’s not a great option if calories are a concern. But if you’re looking for a satiating, protein-packed shake, you’ve found it.
- 1-2 Servings of Chocolate Protein Powder: I personally use 2 scoops (70 grams of protein total) of Kaizen Whey Isolate Chocolate Protein from Costco. It contains artificial sweeteners, whose taste I’m generally not a huge fan of, but in this shake it works out well. Plus, some random dudes on the internet said this is preemo protein powder.
- 2 Tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter: I recently discovered Kraft makes a natural peanut butter with added sea salt. Tastes great in this shake, plus gives you a little extra sodium.
- Half a Frozen Banana: The secret ingredient to help mirror the consistency of a milkshake.
- 2 Cups of 2% Milk: I have used almond milk in the past, but like… Why?
- 3-4 Ice Cubes (optional).