respect the heavy dead.
- Ascending Deadlifts: Working up to a 1-2 rep heavy weight (95% max)
- AMRAP Pull-Ups: Complete ‘as many reps as possible’ of either chin-ups or pull-ups
- Banded Deadlifts: Can be completed w/ a single band by draping over the bar. See video here.
- Deficit Deadlifts (i.e. stand on 45 lb plate): Working with a lighter weight. Seriously starting to overdue the lower back work at this stage 🙂
- Cheat Rows: Throw some body English on those bad boys. Like this. Pick a moderately heavy weight, aiming for 8 reps (heavier than you’d use for strict rows).
- Reduce weight percentages for deadlifts (see template).
- Use band or chair-assist for pull-ups.
- Perform loaded pull-ups.
- Utilize more difficult variations (i.e. wide grip pull-up).